Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sprinting

So yesterday was the first day that I was able to sprint pain free in over 9 months. Whatever was up with my ankle, it's all gone and although I felt sluggish and extremely sloppy in my mechanics, It was great to finally feel pain free. I am going to start incorporating sprinting back into my training regimen once a week, and then more often from there. I'm hoping to be sub- 3.5 30m by the new year.

Today, I had a bit of a rough training session, 5x5 GCB squats, a whole bunch of single leg movements, and finished off with a circuit of sled pushes and sledgehammer swings. I'm exhausted, but I'm feeling great about my training and the results are certainly coming in. Weight is still an issue, but I am confident that will come, along with further gains in speed, power, and strength.

On another note, I've found that incorporating a bit of lateral slide-board work in my warmup is a nice addition to get my heart going, and also a bit of potentiation work for the glutes. I tried it today, and I felt a lot better going into my squats. i did 5x15 seconds (at about 1 slide per second), with 45 seconds rest. It also got the blood in my legs moving and some of the lactic acid buildup that I had there dissipated.

In any case, this was just a quick training update. Hopefully I'll get photos and videos up soon.

No comments: